SOLVED

Single click to close all folders

Go to solution
Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Single click to close all folders

Okay as the day goes on I open more and more folders and programs and get lost in my own world.

Apart from logging off Marketo is there a short cut or quick way to close down all open folder in bulk?

Yes this is like having 20 tabs open in 3 different browsers.

Thanks,

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JeffHensiek
Level 2

Re: Single click to close all folders

Correct me if I'm wrong on this (and maybe you're looking for something a little different).  I think this functionality already exists.  

Highlight "Default" and "right-click" and you'll see the "collapse all" capability.

JeffHensiek_0-1715210553365.png

Jeff Hensiek
Marketing Automation Program Manager

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Zoe_Forman ,

this sounds more like browser support than Marketo support.  Maybe check into the support forums for whichever your preferred browser is.  Potentially Tab groups, or a plug in that closes tabs from a domain? (e.g. for Chrome, this might help: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/manage-tabs-by-domain/jgjhgpeaejjahlbcgijdibooomicdcfi)

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hey @Jo_Pitts1 , she says it's like the browser tab situation, but then translated to Marketo and having umpty folders in the tree open. And indeed, there is no real solution to that one. Even when you navigate away from your Marketing Activities and go back in you are still seeing the same mess you left behind. Would be nice to have a "collapse all" button at the top of the tree.

Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Yeah, tab groups in Chrome for the win here for sure, but nothing Marketo-specific from what I've seen so far. And while we're on it, it really drives me nuts that you don't get an option to open a new link in the same tab or in a new tab, it just kinda depends on what you click and then end up with a bunch of tabs open. This would for sure be a great suggestion for the Ideas portion of the community. If you submit it, post a link here and I'd be happy to give it the ol' thumbs up.

Here's some docs on closing tabs in case you aren't already using something like that:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2391819?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid#zippy=%2Cclose-al...
And more from the same page on setting up tab groups in Chrome:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2391819?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop#zippy=%2Cgroup-yo...

Zoe_Forman

Thanks for your thoughts @Dave_Roberts and @Jo_Pitts1  and @Katja_Keesom 

My default browser in FIREFOX but the question is around closing or allowing folders in Marketo, or to be opened in a new tab/windor.

Maybe one to add to IDEAS.

Cheers, Zoe 

Zoe_Forman

Thanks all - I have now added to IDEAS - here is the link: 

Streamlined Folder Management with Single Click to Close All Folders

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/ideas/streamlined-folder-management-with-single-click-to-close-all/idi...

JeffHensiek
Level 2

Correct me if I'm wrong on this (and maybe you're looking for something a little different).  I think this functionality already exists.  

Highlight "Default" and "right-click" and you'll see the "collapse all" capability.

JeffHensiek_0-1715210553365.png

Jeff Hensiek
Marketing Automation Program Manager
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

(Also, doesn’t refreshing the tab close everything?)

Zoe_Forman

Unfortunately no, only way to collapse everything is log off/ on again.

Which by the end of the  day I can be buried 8 deep in folders and subfolders across five business units, a dozen languages and 4 global regions.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

OK, thinking about the old UI I guess. But @JeffHensiek is pointing to the exact Collapse All feature.